24th October 2017
08.30 - 09.00
Registration, morning coffee
09.15 - 10.00
Risk Management in Poland – POLRISK Perspective
10.00 - 10.30
Practice of manging in company's risk
Total cost of risk calculation, Loss modelling, claim handling, loss prevention in non-financial companies, lowering insurance premium by loss prevention programs, total cost of risk, deductibles. Possibilities of usage, properly organizaed claim and loss database – event, loss prediction. What is added value of risk managers during mergers and aquisitions. How to convert investments capex, opex cost into cost of lowering of insurance premium and get lowering tax benfits.
10.30 - 10.50
Topic of the presentation will be announced soon
10.50 - 11.15
11.15 - 11.45
Managing of insurance programs in the context of proper ERM practices
How to extend typical ERM (risk reporting) to include insurance program creation and add value to corporate financing practices? What is domestic and what international insurance program in non-financial companies, what is their role? What activities are necessary and what information needs gathering to start insurance programs? What should be done regarding insurance program before or while company’s entering new foreign markets? What is risk manager’s job responsibilities regarding elaboration and updating of insurance programs? What information risk manager should bring before meeting broker and positioning with insurable risks? How to use existing insurance programs with new investments planning in production line, logistic centre, etc. What are conditions for lowering insurance premium, for example due to taking some deductibles (risk retention) by implementation of loss (claims) prevention programs. Total cost of risk calculation, integration of RM in strategic planning.
11.45 - 12.45
1st discussion Panel: Risk Manager or Insurance manager and broker in construction of corporate domestic or international insurance and loss prevention programs. Changing mentality into win-to-win.
Does Polish companies need risk or insurance manager or perhaps broker is able to cover risk manager activities while representing the clients? If broker is not sufficient, so why then there is no need/drive for risk managers?
- Jo Willeart, Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA), President
- Representative of Insurance & Re-Isurance Brokers’ Association
- Representative of insurance company
- Representative of broker company
- Representative of SNELS
12.45 - 13.40
13.40 - 15.15
Panel II – Risk & Insurance Management. FERMA members associations case studies.
13.40 - 14.05
Practice in managing risk. Case studies – extractive industry*
How to integrate various risk functions, Health and Safety, treasury, corporate risk management level, funding and insurance management programs.” Going beyond simple ERM reporting in mining industry. Loss prevention and insurance programs in mining industry: Risk assessment techniques and tools, captive (if any), total of cost risk), insurance programs. Experience on lowering insurance premiums, total cost of risk, loss prevention programs.
14.05 - 14.30
Transfer of concepts and experiences
“What can be transferred from insurer CRO scope to CRO for non-financial companies? Could solvency capital requirements covering risk, internal model or standard risk model, actuary risk assessments related to product pricing – be used outside insurance? Could risk modelling, capital adequacy in terms of Solvency II directive apply to non-financial companies? What apart from regulatory capital adequacy compliance could be transferred from insurance company to non-financial companies in terms of risk management, risk assessment tools, risk modelling, total cost of risk, loss prevention programs, lowering insurance premium via loss prevention?
14.30 - 14.50
Risk Management development in Russia
New aspects of ERM in Russian companies. Training and certification system for risk managers in Russia.
14.50 - 15.15
Practice in managing risk. Case studies – petroleum industry*
Building insurance program supporting Petrol business – areas of most added value on insurance, risk control, risk, loss prevention, total cost of risk in oil industry – proper insurance cover vs lowering insurance premium. What is risk manager job while creating insurance programs and what job is for broker? Synergies resulting from integration of ERM and insurance management. real possibilities of lowering/optimization of insurance premium based on your experience.
15.15 - 15.40
15.40 - 16.05
Kontrapunkt: Start-up Poland Representative
What we can learn for start-up failures and successes? What cognitive biases (imaginations, anchoring, illusions, silent assumptions, etc.) played key role in decision making regarding start-up initiation, which finally did not succeded? What are the benefits from personal failure of start-up founders, how it influences on uncertainty perception and increase of quality of decision making on investing in next start-ups?
16.30 - 18.00
Roudtables topics session
Parallel roundtables discussions are the part of the conference that engage all participants. It has few purposes. First of all, participants have the opportunity to exchange their opinions and experiences about specific issue that is important to that group. Secondly, participants can meet and talk with the leader/host of the roundtable disussion – they are selected professionals with a vast knowledge and experience. Will be two rounds of discussion:
16.35 – 17.15 First round of discussion
17.20 – 18.00 Second round of discussion
During the session disgusted subject are following:
- Risk & Audit – cooperation and range of responsibilities of risk manager and internal auditor.
- Risk management in digital era. Sponsor specialized in digital transformation of the companies.
- Risk in Quality Management
- Total cost of risk calculation tools.
- Risk treatment plans – how to properly write them, and what they should contain? POLRISK Representative
- Loss prevention programs and its role in optimization of risk retention – deductibles – losses covered by company / losses cover by insurers – Ekspert or sponsor specialized in loss prevention
- Overcoming difficulties with risk description. How to properly describe risk. POLRISK representative
- Insurance programs – what should be done before and how to be well prepared to meeting with broker
- Quantitative or qualitative risk analysis or assessment tools, sponsor – risk assessment software provider.
- Engineering Risks – most important, most frequent and “handbook” mistakes in complicated engineering installations – sponsor, company specialized in safeguards of engineering risks.
- GDPR – Privacy Impact Assessment and existing risk assessment methods. What is possible to integrate with current risk assessment methodology and what must stay specific to GDPR?
- Integration of risk management with strategic and financial planning. What element of risk management or risk assessment can be applied to strategic or financial planning.
18.15 - 20.30
20.30 - 23.00
GALA “POLRISK – 10 years history & future”